Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Inspiration

Inspiration comes in many forms and from many places. Mine came from a very special child on the other side of the globe. A child destined to be my daughter. Her name is Ruby Kate. She is pure joy and a gift to be around. Her outside beauty is nothing compared to the sweetness and love this girl exudes! She lights up a room and is my every dream come true!

We heard about Ruby years ago and instantly our hearts knew she was ours. She was what was missing in our lives and everything we dreamed of for so long. We waited almost 2 years and during that wait, I poured my heart into music. I started with a simple 5 song recording to send to her orphanage in the hopes that she could hear her Mommy and feel the love I so longed to give her. I later wrote the title track Butterfly Moon and it became an album. It was so personal I wasn't sure if I wanted to share it at first. But, encouraged by my husband and friends (who wanted a copy) I decided to give it a go. I couldn't help wondering about all the children that DON'T get adopted. Because of legalities or health or special needs. And what about the ones with HIV/AIDS? Don't they deserve a chance at a happy life, too? It's so heartbreaking and yet I thought - what could I do? Then I remembered the CD. I could sell it for THEM. Originally I thought I'd give half to the charity and keep half so I could produce another one. But my heart couldn't sit with that. 100% of the profits are now going to Mercy Centre and are used directly for the children and families living there and the community. They are a wonderful organization and help SO many. Please see their website for more info at: www.themercycentre.org.

About the product: The CD is a well produced, beautifully played, and sweetly sung collection of traditional lullabies, songs from my childhood, and an original tune written for Ruby: Butterfly Moon. There is a lot of heart put into it and I hope your little ones enjoy the music as much as mine. Ironically, Butterfly Moon is my daughter's favorite lullaby. She will request that I sing it daily! Of course, she will also SHOOSH me so that SHE can sing it. Hey, they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery! Especially in THIS case! :-)

*Butterfly Moon is packaged in environmentally friendly Eco-jacket because being green is important to me.

*Above photo by Kate Dressler Morrison (www.maxandmimiphotography.com)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truly lovely, and I'm very pleased for you. It's nice too that you try to put something back.

Take care, Boonie

Ellie said...

Beautiful songs from a beautiful heart!

dawn said...

Truly, you are an inspiration.

Mireille said...

STUNNING!! I can't wait to hear you sing next summer for all those beautiful Thai children and their families!